Hosted by the Mental Health Foundation, Mental Health Awareness Week takes place from 18-24 May 2020. The theme is kindness. Resilience First offers a guide in support of the topic and several news items in association.
With the Coronavirus prevalent, and attendant mental well-being issues predominant, readers are reminded of the Resilience First document: ‘Emotional Resilience: a guide for business when preparing for, and recovering from, major incidents’.
There are many benefits to be gained from raising the awareness of, as well as embedding best practice in, emotional resilience. These include:
- makes good business sense – importance of duty of care as employer and cost of getting it wrong.
- reduces workplace stress.
- improves physical health, wellbeing and resilience.
- reduces absenteeism.
- increases trust and commitment to job.
- increases respect.
- increases productivity.
- reduces accidents and injuries.
- reduces impact before and prepare for the unexpected.
- increases personal and team adaptive capacity and learning power.
Associated news item can be found on the News web pages.
For further reading, please visit our Knowledge Hub.
Read more: Resilience First